A. All persons interested in the purposes of the Association shall be eligible for membership.
B. Membership applications shall be filed with the Executive Office of the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education.
C. Membership shall begin with the payment of dues. The membership year shall extend for one year from the initial payment of dues. Thereafter, the membership year for each individual shall be the same as the initial membership year regardless when dues are paid.
D. All individuals currently enrolled as fulltime students in an accredited Ohio Family and Consumer Sciences education program shall be eligible for free membership in the Association.
E. Two (2) classes of membership shall be provided. All classes of membership except Honorary Membership and student shall require membership in the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education in addition to the family and consumer sciences division.
a. Affiliated membership – Individuals actively employed in or concerned with Family and Consumer Sciences education.
b. Retired membership – Individuals who are retired from active employment in Family and Consumer Sciences education and have been OATFACS members for no less than five (5) years.
c. Student membership – Individuals who are enrolled as fulltime students preparing to become Family and Consumer Sciences educators and who are not employed in the education system as a teacher, counselor, or administrator.
d. Part-time Employee membership – Individuals who are employed less than fulltime by an employing district and not eligible for employee benefits that are afforded fulltime district employees.
e. Honorary membership – Individuals selected and recognized by the Association for specific contribution(s) to the Association and/or Family and Consumer Sciences education.
Corporation, owners and persons representing business or industry that wish to support the work of the Association
E. Affiliated members are eligible to hold office and vote on all Association business. All other members are nonvoting.
F. Any changes in the dues which occur in either the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education, Association for Career and Technical Education, National Association Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences (NATFACS) shall automatically change the dues of this Association. The Association dues shall be established as needed by the Executive Board.
The Association shall be represented at the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education Delegate Assembly and the Association for Career and Technical Education Assembly of Delegates when each convenes.
A. ELECTION OF DELEGATES. Only Affiliated members may serve as delegates representing the Association. Delegates shall be appointed annually by the president of the Association.
B. ALLOCATION OF NUMBER OF DELEGATES. The president of the Association shall appoint two (2) delegates plus one (1) delegate for the first 100 members, plus one (1) additional delegate for each 50 additional members of the Association or a major portion thereof. That allocation is based on the association membership as of June 10.
C. DELEGATE CARDS. The president of the Association or a representative of the president shall procure delegate cards at a time and place designated by the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education Executive Director prior to the annual meeting of Delegate Assembly or to any other special meeting of Delegate Assembly.
The Executive Board shall constitute the governing body of the Association and its duties shall consist of those set forth below.
A. MEETINGS. The Executive Board shall meet at least twice a year. The newly-elected officers shall meet with the out-going officers at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
B. DUTIES. The Executive Board shall be responsible for the management of the affairs, property and business of the Association. It shall work with the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education to coordinate activities and to formulate plans which affect its purposes.
A. OFFICERS. The officers of the Association shall be: president, president-elect, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, immediate past-president.
B. NOMINATING COMMITTEE. The Nominating Committee shall consist of the immediate past-president as chair, the president-elect, and three (3) members to serve with them in formulating a slate of officers to be presented and voted on at the Annual Meeting. The Nominating Committee shall meet in the spring to nominate individuals for election to the appropriate offices. The secretary and treasurer shall be elected on alternate years. The treasurer shall be nominated in odd-numbered years and the secretary in even-numbered years.
C. ELECTION OF OFFICERS. Procedures for all balloting will be established by the Executive Board. Elections will take place in conjunction with the Annual Meeting. Results of the election will be announced prior to the conclusion of the annual conference. Term of office shall begin in September following the Ohio ACTE Leadership and Empowerment Summit.
D. TERMS OF OFFICE. The terms of office shall be as follows:
1. President—two (2) years. The following term the president will become the immediate past-president.
2. President-elect--one (1) year. The following term the president-elect will become the president.
3. Vice President—one (1) year. The following term the vice president will become the president-elect.
4. Immediate past-president--one (1) year.
5 Secretary--two (2) years.
6. Treasurer--two (2) years.
E. DUTIES. The duties of the officers shall be as follows:
1. President. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association. The president shall appoint up to seven (7) representatives-at-large to serve for one (1) year. The president shall appoint the chairperson of all standing committees and any ad hoc committees deemed necessary. The president shall attend the meeting of the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education Board of Directors as the official representative of the Association, shall be the association’s representative to the Ohio ACTE Nominating Committee and shall be a delegate to the Association for Career and Technical Education. In addition, the President shall serve on the Budget Committee and Conference Planning Committee.
2. President - elect. The president-elect shall assume the duties of the president in his/her absence or if the office is vacated. The president-elect may be a delegate to the Association for Career and Technical Education. He/she shall assist the president on Association responsibilities and serve as co-chair of the Conference Planning Committee.
3. Vice-President – The vice president shall assume the duties of the president-elect in his or her absence or if the office is vacated. The vice-president may be a delegate to the Association for Career and Technical Education. He/she shall assist the president-elect on Association responsibilities, serve as the chair of the membership committee and serve on the Conference Planning Committee. The vice-president shall also serve as the website coordinator.
4. Secretary. The secretary shall keep a record of all business of the Association including minutes of the general and executive meetings, and shall take care of correspondence. The secretary shall also serve on the Conference Planning Committee.
5. Treasurer. The treasurer shall keep a record of all moneys, shall make disbursements in accordance with the approved budget and will submit the fiscal records for audit prior to leaving office. The treasurer shall serve as chair of the Budget Committee. The Treasurer shall also serve on the Conference and Planning Committee.
6. Immediate past-president. The immediate past-president shall serve on the Executive Board and shall serve as chairperson of the Nominating Committee and Awards Committee.
7. Representative-at-large. Representatives-at-large shall support and assist in the operation of Association responsibilities as delegated by the president.
F. SUCCESSION AND VACANCIES. A vacancy in the office of president shall be filled by the president-elect who shall complete the
un-expired term. A vacancy in the office of president-elect shall be filled by the vice-president who shall complete the un-expired term. A vacancy in the office of vice-president shall be filled by appointment of the president with approval of the majority of the Executive Board. In the event a vacancy occurs in both the offices of president and president-elect, the immediate past-president shall assume the responsibilities of the president for the un-expired term. If the immediate past-president cannot serve, the Executive Board, by an affirmative majority vote, shall appoint an acting president to fill the un-expired term. The presiding officer in the interim, until the acting president is appointed, shall be the member of the Executive Board with the longest continuous service. A vacancy in any other office shall be filled by appointment by the president with the approval of the majority of the Executive Board.
G. OFFICER CEASES TO FUNCTION. If an officer ceases to function as designated in the Bylaws, the Executive Board will take action. Action may result in removal from office. A replacement may be named by the Executive Board to fill the un-expired term.
A. Committee responsibilities will be determined annually by the Executive Board for all office holders.
B. STANDING COMMITTEES. The standing committee chairpersons will be appointed by the President. Committee members will be appointed by the chairperson of each standing committee. A budget shall be established for the purpose of conducting the activities of the committee. Each standing chairperson shall report the substantive actions of the committee in writing for each Executive Board meeting.
The standing committees shall be:
1. Awards – The immediate past-president shall serve as committee chair.
2. Budget – The treasurer shall serve as committee chair. The president and a board advisor will complete this committee.
3. Constitution and Bylaws
5. Membership – The vice-president shall serve as chair.
6. Nominating – The immediate past-president shall serve as chair.
7. Professional Development – Responsible for the annual conference, regional meetings and specialized areas
8. Public Relations
The standing committees shall carry out the program of work as adopted by the Executive Board. The chairperson of each committee shall also represent the Association on the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education Standing Committees.
C. AD HOC COMMITTEES. Ad hoc committees shall be appointed by the president when deemed necessary.
A. ANNUAL CONFERENCE. The annual conference shall be held at such time and place as the Executive Board approves. The Executive Board shall establish the conference fee schedule.
B. ANNUAL MEETING. The annual meeting shall be held at the time and place of the annual conference.
C. MEETINGS EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT. Members of the Executive Board and members of standing committees may be reimbursed for reasonable necessary expenses incurred while attending meetings of the Executive Board and approved meetings of Standing or Ad Hoc Committees except when such meetings are scheduled at the time of the annual conference. A schedule for reimbursement shall be established by the Executive Board.
D. The current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order (Newly Revised) shall be the authority on parliamentary procedure at any meeting of the Association.